If you’ve always thought that leather pants are just for rock concerts and they are not part of your style, this autumn/winter season, you should think again. They were very popular last year, and this year won’t be an exception. From A-list celebrities to everyday people with normal jobs, everyone is wearing leather leggings and pants. The best thing is that they are very adaptable and affordable because a lot of them made of leather substitutes, like eco-leather.
Even though you may think that you’ll be catching everyone’s attention with your leather pants, there is a way for you to look cool and classy, if you combine them with the right pieces. See the photos bellow, use your own imagination, keep surfing for photos on the web and you’ll see that there are variety of colors and types of leather pants that can be combined perfectly to fit your style. Everyone who wants to make a fashion statement should own a pair of leather leggings, or two.
They look perfect with tailored jacket, a nice t-shirt, silk shirt, denim shirt, cozy sweater… If you dare you can wear them with crop top and dress them up with nice high heels or ankle boots. Lace also looks great when combined with leather, because it gives a feminine touch.
When buying leather pants you should consider the shape of your body and then pick the one you’ll look good in and think about the clothing combinations. Firstly, you should know the few basic types that can be divided into four categories:
1. Straight shapes that have the form of classic straight pants.
2. Skinny types that fit like skinny jeans or leggings, accentuating every detail of the legs.
3. Cropped pants which kind of resemble breeches.
4. Slouchy pants, which are wide-leg pants, more like sweats with side pockets.
When to wear them?
1. Wear them on your date. You can pair them with light and flowing blouse made of silk or linen. For an edgy look on your date, pair your pants with leather clutch and leather heels.
2. Wear them at work. In this case, it’s best to choose straight shapes or slouchy pants. Pair them with silk buttoned-down shirt or tailored blazer and elegant pumps.
3. Wear them on the weekends. Whether you are going to the theatre or on drinks with your friends, slap a pair of leather jeans to look cool and stylish. You can combine slouchy pants with form-fitting top and large patterned scarf. If you want to wear skinny pants, then opt for a slouchy sweater on top. You should keep in mind that weekend is the best time to try different colors like navy blue, red, tan or dark green.
4. Wear them on a game. Celebrities like Victoria Beckham and Kim Kardashian popularize the trend of wearing these pants with simple white t-shirt on a game. Graphic t-shirts also look great with leather pants combined with moccasins or converse shoes. This look is perfect for any occasion like running errands around town or walking through the mall. You can also try slouchy type with a boyfriend blazer or tucked in shirt on top.
Don’t wear leather pants if:
1. You have excess weight on hips because they will accentuate the imperfection even more.
2. You have wide hips. Even though this is not a disadvantage but a body type, you should still avoid wearing skinny pants or cropped pants, because they will make your body look heavier or visually shorten the length of your legs.
3. You are having short legs, don’t wear cropped pants or if you have to, because you own a pair and love them, pair them with high heeled shoes with lace that have the shade of your pants. Also, we recommend you to choose pants with high-waist to make your legs look visually longer.
Never combine leather pants with:
1. Pieces with shimmery texture like sequins and beads.
2. Tops with a plunging neckline to avoid overdosing.
3. A leather top, but you can try matching them with leather shoes, bags, belts or jacket.
What makes these pants suddenly so cool? Just slap a pair and you’ll see what makes them so versatile. They will instantly make you feel hotter, sophisticated, trendy, glamorous and empowered with the coolness of a rock-star. And to be honest, everything looks good paired with them.
No matter if you are classical or a rock girl and want to look casual or clever you should definitely enter in the world of leather pants. Do you dare to try this style?
Journalist. Creative nutcase. Blogger. Philosopher. Passionate singer. Language learner. Yogi. Bicycle rider. Cardio lover. Travel enthusiast. Health freak. TV shows addict. Astrology believer.