Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
This cobbler has blueberries exploding out of every area of the dessert. To add another dimension to the flavor of this treat, add some orange love. Each bite will invade your senses with the floral scent of oranges. Blueberries and orange make a perfect flavor combination, and will have you going back for seconds.
I made this summer recipe with the blueberry stash we picked while visiting family in Michigan. There is something about a fresh blueberry dessert on a warm Summer day. This summer recipe is easy to make, and could be made with your favorite berry. Time to devour some Blueberry Orange Cobbler!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (I used salted, you could use salted or unsalted.)
- 1/2 cup orange blossom Cloister Honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Zest of medium orange
- Juice of one medium orange (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking spray on 9 x 9 inch pan or casserole dish.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan, take the pan off the heat and mix honey with the warm butter.
3. In a pan or casserole dish, add the melted butter and honey. Mix in juice and zest of orange, almond milk and brown sugar.
4. In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt.
5. Slowly whisk in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add blueberries.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes depending on oven.
Terra is probably considered multi-talented, or she just loves to work super hard. She has run Café Terra blog for six years, and just recently started running it with her husband. They are switching the focus of the site to BBQ/grilling and any recipe that would go perfectly with your grilled meats. She is a romance author and will be publishing her sixth book in the Fall. You can find more about her books at www.terrakelly.com. Plus, she and her husband just launched their online website www.imaginebandt.com. They’re marketing professionals looking to help others better their online presence. Imagine B & T will offer e-courses, blogs, and one-on-one services. I love my days and keep everything balanced by enjoying a beautiful glass of wine.
Author: Guest Author
This blog post was written and submitted by a guest author.