In the last two years vintage clothes, jewelry and bags are very popular in the fashion world. No matter your dress style you can always find a vintage piece that you can combine with your clothes and look glamorous in the eyes of others. Nowadays designers are again focusing on producing vintage look pieces because that is what the market wants. Everywhere on the streets you can see girls wearing vintage style shirts, skirts, boots, jewelry and most importantly vintage style bags.
Vintage leather bags come in many different shapes, colors and designs; you just need to find the right for you. Open your mom’s or grandma’s closet and there you’ll probably find a nice old purse that is trendy again, after many years. Not everyone has one at home, for sure but the good thing is that you can find this kind of bags on flea markets and garage sales or you can buy a new vintage looking purse online from Amazon, eBay or from other online stores.
Before buying this kind of bag you must define your style and then start searching for the one that suits you best. Never rush into buying something that you won’t like it after a while.
Most of the bags from the past century are made from nice and quality leather so if you have one you must take care of it.
- Buy a special spray that will keep the leather from drying out.
- If you want to store it for another season, always use a dust bag never a plastic bag.
- Don’t use baby wipes, any kind of saddle soap or alcohol to clean the stains from the bag.
- If the bag smells badly, put a container of baking soda inside the bag. Change the baking soda few times in one week.
- If you don’t know how to keep the bag in a good condition, visit a professional, don’t experiment.
The good thing with this style of bags is that you can wear them with almost everything and for any kind of event. They look good with jeans, shirt and sneakers, but they go perfectly with a nice dress and high heels as well.
A good bag can give any woman more confidence so just find the perfect one for you and enjoy combining it with you clothes.
Author: Viktor Milevski
Perfectionist by nature, big enthusiast, great chef, blogger and a beer lover…