If you are into DIY clothing hacks and floral motifs and you would really love to have a nice pair of cherry blossom boyfriend jeans for the spring/summer season, then you are in the right place. This fashion DIY project is inspired by Blake Lively’s photo on social media showing off her stylish hand-painted cherry blossom boyfriend jeans bought from Preserve for 495$. These are one of the cutest boyfriend jeans we have ever seen and according to Blake, they fit nicely even after having a baby. However, you can always DIY this project if you find these jeans a little bit pricey.
So, are you ready to upgrade you basic blue boyfriend jeans? All you need is a little practice to master the design before you put the paint brush onto your boyfriend jeans. However, don’t overdo it by adding some sparkly buttons or beads. Cherry blossom print is all you need for the fresh look.
We recommend to use and an old pair of jeans or visit a thrift store to buy a cheap one. Keep in mind that vintage denim will look amazing with splattered paint all over it.
If you have fallen in love with these cherry blossom boyfriend jeans as much as we did, make sure to check out these photos from Brit+Co and watch the fashion DIY video from Alexandra Beuter posted bellow for further instructions.
- Old boyfriend jeans
- White acrylic paint for splattering
- Red and white fabric paint for making pink for the flowers
- Purple fabric paint for the center of the flowers
- Black fabric paint for the stems
- Mixing tray
- 1 inch-long thin brush for splattering and brush strokes
- 1 skinny paint brush for the stems
- 1 paint brush with a circular flat bottom for the flower petals
1. Using the 1 inch-long brush spread white paint all over the front side of your jeans. Then, add some rough brush strokes randomly, wherever you see fit. You should totally get messy and have fun for this step. Don’t be afraid to get a little bit crazy, just make sure you have spread out an old sheet underneath for protection. Repeat this step on the back side of your jeans.
2. By using the black paint and the skinny paint brush, paint a tree skeleton onto the jeans. You can also do this pretty randomly, like adding around three stems on each leg or so. Don’t worry if you make a mistake because most of the stems will be covered with flowers.
3. Pour three different amounts of red and white fabric paint into the mixing tray and mix them all together to create different shades of pink for the flowers. By using the paint brush with a circular flat bottom add the cherry blossoms in different shades of pink. Start with the lighter shade for the base of the cherry blossoms. You can make some of the flower petals pigmented and the other ones with a small amount of color to achieve faded, multidimensional and abstract look. Then fill on the flowers with the purple color.
4. Repeat the process on the back side of the boyfriend jeans. You can add some blossoming details on your back pockets or a branch on the lower leg. We leave this decision to your imagination.
Don’t forget to have fun and share your experience with this fashion DIY project, in the comment section bellow.
Journalist. Creative nutcase. Blogger. Philosopher. Passionate singer. Language learner. Yogi. Bicycle rider. Cardio lover. Travel enthusiast. Health freak. TV shows addict. Astrology believer.